We often don’t realize how much we rely on our upper back until pain gets in the way. Suddenly, every move you make, every time you try to lift your groceries, and sometimes just trying to lounge becomes a much harder feat. And often, traditional treatment for the upper back does nothing more than give you a temporary reprieve. At Florida Pain & Wellness Centers, we believe true relief is lasting relief. Learn more about how we accomplish this below.request an appointment
Individualized Care for Individualized Pain
Those experiencing upper back pain might feel sharp, burning pain, while others experience more of a dull ache. For some, the pain will be in the upper back, but others might feel it radiating throughout the shoulders, neck, and arms. Some can push through the pain, while others can’t seem to get out of bed.
Additionally, the root cause of the pain will be different. In fact, the cause might be any of the following or something completely different:
- Whiplash from an accident
- Poor posture
- Repetitive use of the upper back
- Arthritis, osteoarthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle strains
- Herniated discs
As upper back pain is so different for every individual, it’s ill advised to only use one approach to relief. Instead, it’s vital that every patient has a very customized approach to pain relief. We ensure that every patient who walks through our door gets the personalized care they need.
Chiropractic Treatment Methods for Upper Back Pain
Again, no two patients will receive the exact same treatment plan for the exact same amount of time. Instead, we’ll combine different treatment methods according to your needs. These combinations typically include one or more of the following methods.
- Adjustments – No matter the source of the pain, adjustments are essential to addressing it. Restoring proper alignment of the spine not only reduces or eliminates pain, but also helps prevent it.
- Soft tissue techniques – Soft tissues are either at the center of your pain or impacted by the source of your pain. Techniques such as therapeutic massage, electrical muscle stimulation, and therapeutic ultrasound are beneficial for relieving tension, aiding in recovery, and general back health.
- Spinal decompression – When a herniated disc or compressed nerve is to blame, spinal decompression is a very effective chiropractic method for relieving that compression and pulling herniated discs back into place.
Additionally, we provide stretching and strengthening exercises, as well as other steps you can take each day to relieve and prevent upper back pain according to your habits, work, and lifestyle.
Address Upper Back Pain with Our Chiropractor
No matter the source of your upper back pain, our team at Florida Pain & Wellness Centers can develop a natural and effective treatment plan for your needs. Call our office at (407) 275-9335 to schedule your appointment today.